Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tattoo

This afternoon, I read a press which included an interview with a local tattoo artist. He is Pip Lubasi and owned a tattoo shop at Jesselton Point. While reading his interview, I was so shocked that his story was somewhat same as mine. While he was studying for his Diploma in Culinary Arts, he became an apprentice at a place called Taboo Tattoo Studio. After that, he never became a chef but a tattoo artist since his interest in the art of tattoo was too strong. After reading his interview, my determination to become a tattoo artist grows up to 65%.
Tattoo is actually not a bad thing. Tattoo is something that can shows your personality. Even my dad also had one on his arm and one on his forearm. My dad said that he wanted to get some ink on his another arm someday! Not sure if that was true. For me tattoo is like ink piercing into your skin. Tattoo is art; art is tattoo. The only difference in these were our body replaced canvas and tattoo machine replaced the brush.

Dad claims that it was a mermaid, and I was like...Hi "little mermaid"!

My dad told me this was something like the paddle wheels of a boat. I personally think that was more like a ribbon instead.

(p.s. My dad received his tattoos at a very young age so it might be different from the other tattoos you've seen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment